- Ensuring efficient, environmentally-friendly manufacturing procedures
- Conserving electricity and water and reducing waste of any description
- Avoiding any actions that cause toxic chemicals to enter the environment.
We believe everyone deserves to breathe clean, fresh air, and have safe, environmentally-friendly products; especially when users are young children who need to learn and grow in a safe environment.
Outdoor Wicker products (natural, sustainable materials), Naturals Education (natural products and by-products), Enchanted Forest (natural materials for doll's houses and wooden characters), Young Gardener products (encouraging children to get outdoors giving them an appreciation of the environment.)
To constantly improve our customer service in a more environmentally-conscious world. Our products aim to keep children in touch and interested in the world around them – as an alternative to power-consuming tablets which carry a large carbon footprint.
We respect (and encourage others to consider) the environment: nature: air pollution: noise pollution: renewable resources - such as sustainable forests.
Our goal is to make Anthony Peters Mfg a pioneer of environmentally friendly practices and products. We aim to:
- Encourage the use of recycled materials for packaging whenever possible
- Keep up to date with global environmental concerns
- Design products which can be used time and time again
- Make sure our plastics are carefully chosen with the environment and our planet's future in mind
- Encourage the use of plastics which do not have a negative impact on the environment
- Investigate and help to encourage recycled, recyclable and biodegradable plastics
- Avoid the use of plastics when possible, and use sustainable wood sources or other natural products
We aim to minimise the volume of waste deposited to landfill by reusing and recycling materials wherever possible. Any waste is disposed of legally and appropriately.
Office and Factory Green Policy:
- Ensure equipment is efficient, with little waste of electricity
- Avoid wasting water or causing pollution of any kind
- Strive towards the use of natural materials instead of plastics
- Ensure plastic usage is as environmentally-friendly as possible, with the intention that these products are durable and meant to last
- Recycle all materials we can to the appropriate waste management channels in both the workplace and manufacturing process
- Reduce unnecessary paper use in the workplace and continue to recycle all cardboard
- Encourage bio-degradable products
Enchanted Forest (2017-Present) - a range of children's educational toys; developed from natural materials, with low carbon footprint, able to biodegrade very quickly, whilst maintaining quality. The range includes doll's houses and wooden elves. Characters and models incorporate various natural products - and are handcrafted, not requiring big machines in factories for production.
These products are a return to basics, encouraging imagination, creativity, and providing enjoyment to young children. The products are an exploration into the natural world in the attempt of discovering which natural, sustainable and biodegradable materials work best in a mass production process.
The next Steps
Anthony Peters Mfg is pioneering the use of natural materials in mass production showing how natural materials can be used to make safe, interesting, educational toys without high carbon footprints.